Woodnet Forums
Hatchling - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Hatchling (/showthread.php?tid=7360391)

Pages: 1 2

Hatchling - Splinterz25 - 01-23-2021

This piece is made from Teak (the claw) and Sapele (the egg & hatchling) The egg was turned and all the carving was mostly hand done I did use the Dremel on parts of the claw (for speedy removal of large sections) The finish is Danish Oil and the project finished a 7" x 8 1/2" tall.

RE: Hatchling - KC - 01-23-2021

That's pretty much awesome.  
Yes

RE: Hatchling - Bill Holt - 01-23-2021

Bruce, I don't know what to say.  You are so talented.  
I guess this was one of your weekend projects...so what did you do during the rest of the weekend?

How did you choose teak for the claw, I thought teak was hard on edge tools?

The dark tones really add to the emotion of the piece.  At first I was wishing for more light to dark contrast, but that would give a much different feeling.  Now I have to ask, what was the insperition and when did you start? 

In the past you carried us along on the amazing jounry, do you have some progress pictures?

Thank you, thank you for sharing your talent with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Hatchling - Splinterz25 - 01-23-2021

(01-23-2021, 08:54 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Bruce, I don't know what to say.  You are so talented.  
I guess this was one of your weekend projects...so what did you do during the rest of the weekend?

How did you choose teak for the claw, I thought teak was hard on edge tools?

The dark tones really add to the emotion of the piece.  At first I was wishing for more light to dark contrast, but that would give a much different feeling.  Now I have to ask, what was the insperition and when did you start? 

In the past you carried us along on the amazing jounry, do you have some progress pictures?

Thank you, thank you for sharing your talent with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill this one started over a year ago I turned the egg a few months later I carved the hatchling then life got busy so it sat until last week then I carved the claw and put the whole project together. Teak carves beautifully and sands easily. I really had no inspiration for this piece just something I came up with. Sorry I didn't take photos of the progress on this one because of the time span. Thank you so much for taking time to comment.

RE: Hatchling - Turner52 - 01-23-2021

Very stunning. A great piece

RE: Hatchling - EightFingers - 01-24-2021

Very cool, I like it!

RE: Hatchling - Splinterz25 - 01-25-2021

(01-23-2021, 07:07 AM)KC Wrote: That's pretty much awesome.  
Yes

Thank you KC.

RE: Hatchling - Splinterz25 - 01-25-2021

Thank you Turner52 and EightFingers

RE: Hatchling - FrankAtl - 01-27-2021

Great job Bruce! I love the claw.

RE: Hatchling - Gary G™ - 01-27-2021

Bruce
That’s some crazy stuff!
Awesome!