Woodnet Forums
Sandpaper Storage - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sandpaper Storage (/showthread.php?tid=7361207)

Sandpaper Storage - charliez - 02-26-2021

I searched and didn't see anything about this.  I've been needing a better way to store sand paper.  I'm not including a picture because it's so simple.  I had a plastic hanging file folder box for bills that I don't use anymore, so I got it out and made a folder for each grit.  Now I have it all in one place and is easily accessed and organized.  Most times, when you cut a piece off of a sheet, there is no number on it and you don't know what it is next time you want to use it.  I can put the cut squares back into the folder it came from and I will know next time.  It has a snap closed lid so it should stay relatively clean.  Just an idea to pass along if someone is needed a better way to store sanding paper.

RE: Sandpaper Storage - KLaz - 02-26-2021

Being organized is a good thing!

Here is my sandpaper cabinet I've had for years.....

[attachment=33604]

RE: Sandpaper Storage - CEPenworks - 02-26-2021

For those pieces that no longer have a number after cutting I just write on them with a sharpie or any other writing implement I have close at the time of cutting.

RE: Sandpaper Storage - charliez - 02-26-2021

Writing on the back is a good idea. I have some round discs I forgot about too. I'll have to add a folder for them.

RE: Sandpaper Storage - fredhargis - 02-26-2021

I use a file folder for sheets as well, it works out really well. For the discs I have a drawer, but I keep looking for the old floppy disk storage boxes...they are so obsolete you can't even find them at the Goodwill store. But a large one would work well (I think) for the discs.