Woodnet Forums
Forum (not thread) subscriptions - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Forum (not thread) subscriptions (/showthread.php?tid=7361386)

Forum (not thread) subscriptions - jmunro310 - 03-05-2021

So, 

Am I wrong in thinking that one used to be able to subscribe to a forum such as Tool Swap N' Sell and receive notifications with each new posting?  I cannot seem to find that option for Tool Swap N' Sell.  (I can easily find it for a thread within Tool Swap N' Sell.)

Thanks.

James

RE: Forum (not thread) subscriptions - TDKPE - 03-11-2021

(03-05-2021, 07:21 PM)jmunro310 Wrote: So, 

Am I wrong in thinking that one used to be able to subscribe to a forum such as Tool Swap N' Sell and receive notifications with each new posting?  I cannot seem to find that option for Tool Swap N' Sell.  (I can easily find it for a thread within Tool Swap N' Sell.)

Thanks.

James

No, you're not wrong.  I used to be subscribed to only a few forums for convenience (no email notifications though), but that went away recently.  There was a 'button' next to the 'Mark this forum read' button at the top right of the forum page, and it's not there any more.

RE: Forum (not thread) subscriptions - jmunro310 - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 03:55 PM)TDKPE Wrote: No, you're not wrong.  I used to be subscribed to only a few forums for convenience (no email notifications though), but that went away recently.  There was a 'button' next to the 'Mark this forum read' button at the top right of the forum page, and it's not there any more.

Thanks, Tom.  Funny thing - well not really - I didn't get a notification of your reply despite being subscribed.

James

RE: Forum (not thread) subscriptions - Stwood_ - 03-12-2021

(03-11-2021, 09:36 PM)jmunro310 Wrote: Thanks, Tom.  Funny thing - well not really - I didn't get a notification of your reply despite being subscribed.

James

Subscription notifications haven't worked since the new software was installed.

RE: Forum (not thread) subscriptions - ilikewoodinsc - 03-12-2021

According to this reply from Forum moderator iclark on 1/29/2021, there are problems with delivering email.

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7360565&pid=7949202#pid7949202

TonyC