Woodnet Forums
Handworks 2021 - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Handworks 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=7361927)

Handworks 2021 - Mike Brady - 03-30-2021

It has been announced that Handworks will be held this year on Sept 2-3, in Amana, IA.  Note that U of Iowa has a home game that same Saturday.

Correction: Sept. 3rd & 4th, 2021

RE: Handworks 2021 - Old Sawman - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 06:25 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: It has been announced that Handworks will be held this year on Sept 2-3, in Amana, IA.  Note that U of Iowa has a home game that same Saturday.

Seems odd … if I'm not mistaken … that is the Thursday & Friday before Labor Day Weekend ...

RE: Handworks 2021 - Mike Brady - 03-31-2021

https://handworks.co/  still shows it as on , but Sept 3-4, 2021 , so that would be Fri-Sat.  Looks like some clarification is needed.  I hope I haven't muddied the water
No

RE: Handworks 2021 - tablesawtom - 03-31-2021

I have been looking forward to it. As of now I plan on going with a friend on Friday and then the wife and friends on Sat. I am hoping things start opening up with the vaccinations and all. Personally I would like to make the choice to attend or not. But I do not have a lot of money on the line like a vender would have. I can understand that also.

Tom

RE: Handworks 2021 - Handplanesandmore - 03-31-2021

No idea if it's game on in Sept. But if it's, likely it'll be a more domestic event because international merchants may have quarantine and travel restrictions that prevent them from coming.

Unless it's clear the pandemic is under control by then, I wouldn't risk going to any shows since I can get anything I want online.

Simon

RE: Handworks 2021 - tablesawtom - 04-01-2021

Just going on a tour of the Amana Furniture Factory is worth the trip.  Actually seeing all the Amana Colonies is worth the trip. I think there are about six or seven colonies, but not sure and  just visiting stores, markets, wineries wood shops and such can take all day in its self. The biggest draw to the Main Amana are the 2, if not more, restaurants.

Tom

RE: Handworks 2021 - Greg Jones - 05-12-2021

Now rescheduled again to September 2 & 3, 2022.

www.handworks.co

RE: Handworks 2021 - Handplanesandmore - 05-12-2021

No surprise here. The show in 2021 would've been a sardine gathering...I sure wouldn't take the risk until the vaccine is proven effective for the variants. The move is good for all vendors' employees.

Simon