Woodnet Forums
More Painting stuff - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: More Painting stuff (/showthread.php?tid=7361992)

More Painting stuff - Halfathumb - 04-02-2021

I'm painting my LR & hallway, the trim & cutting went pretty well but when I rolled it turned out ugly. In many places not enough paint and in other places it was streaky and you could see where I rolled 1 row next to the other. After consulting SW store I discovered I was using the wrong rolled sleeve for the particular paint I was using. That made all the difference. I will no longer just grab a bag of rollers.

RE: More Painting stuff - Turner52 - 04-02-2021

The right cover for the job is important. Also do not cheap out on the price. A better quality is almost always worth it when painting. paint is getting pretty expensive. An extra coat will cost way more than the roller covers or even a good cutting brush. Personally I like a 2 1/2" tapered Purdyy for cutting in

RE: More Painting stuff - Cooler - 04-02-2021

I learned long ago to always buy the best available paint and top-quality rollers and brushes. 

On an early paint job, I used the cheapest grade of paint I could find and it took four coats to look good.  It meant a second trip to the store and a second gallon of paint.  So it cost the same or more and took twice as long.  That was the last time I cheaped out on paint, rollers or brushes.

RE: More Painting stuff - Snipe Hunter - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 08:21 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'm painting my LR & hallway, the trim & cutting went pretty well but when I rolled it turned out ugly. In many places not enough paint and in other places it was streaky and you could see where I rolled 1 row next to the other. After consulting SW store I discovered I was using the wrong rolled sleeve for the particular paint I was using. That made all the difference. I will no longer just grab a bag of rollers.

Steer clear of the purple ones at HD. Couldn't believe how bad they were. Same happened to me... on a smooth, new wall.