Woodnet Forums
crosscut saws for $500!? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: crosscut saws for $500!? (/showthread.php?tid=7362525)

Pages: 1 2

crosscut saws for $500!? - mr_skittle - 04-28-2021

It's always a laugh when some schmuck thinks their grandpa's rusty, old tools are as good as gold. Here's an example: Marketplace ad 

I thought about trolling them and asking what brand and year and other technical questions. But then I thought better than to give a hard time to a stranger online. Maybe someone told them to charge $500.
No

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - MT Woodworker - 04-28-2021

Wow
Guess I have a lot hanging on my shop walls....

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - Bob Gnann - 04-28-2021

Love it.  They are listed under home improvement supplies.  Yeah, maybe if you live in a log cabin.  Not that I don't like log cabins...

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - 5thumbs - 04-28-2021

I have a different theory. What if his wife said: "Why don't you sell those old saws - you never use them!"  So, he listed them at astronomical prices. If nobody responds, he can say: "There's no market for them." If somebody buys one or both, he can laugh all the way to the bank!

DAMHIKT.

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - AHill - 04-29-2021

I can get a pretty nice professional Stihl chainsaw for less than that.

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - Timberwolf - 04-29-2021

(04-28-2021, 02:41 PM)mr_skittle Wrote: It's always a laugh when some schmuck thinks their grandpa's rusty, old tools are as good as gold. Here's an example: Marketplace ad 

I thought about trolling them and asking what brand and year and other technical questions. But then I thought better than to give a hard time to a stranger online. Maybe someone told them to charge $500.
No

Laugh
Laugh Live in hopes....die in despair.......
Uhoh
Yes

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - MarkSingleton - 05-02-2021

CL ads can be a hoot.

That one is especially funny.  Since you can buy brand new saws like those
shown for less than half that.

No

https://crosscutsaw.com/

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - mr_skittle - 05-02-2021

We could make a long list of tools that would do the same job, for that price. You could get a nice chainsaw and a couple of new cross-cut saws, maybe a one person and a two person. I like 5thumbs idea that an old-timer is just finding a way to tell his wife, "I tried to sell them but there were no takers."

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - wood2woodknot - 05-08-2021

Awww...the poor guy just misplaced the decimal point !!! Ok, just being a little (no, a lot !) sarcastic.

RE: crosscut saws for $500!? - Admiral - 05-09-2021

(05-08-2021, 09:59 AM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Awww...the poor guy just misplaced the decimal point !!!   Ok, just being a little (no, a lot !) sarcastic.

He also calls them logging saws, when in fact they are bucking saws . . . .  agree he missed a decimal place.....