Woodnet Forums
Cordless wet dry vac experiances - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Cordless wet dry vac experiances (/showthread.php?tid=7362964)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Cordless wet dry vac experiances - FireWood - 05-24-2021

(05-21-2021, 07:02 PM)whatline Wrote: Tired of yanking the corded vac around the shop. Would like to get a small hand carry version to pick shavings around the lathe and drill press. Anyone have any experience with these. Recommendations? Thanks

Raised
I use a snowshovel around the lathe...   and a 2hp dust collector for the areas within about 20' of the main throw zone.  Am I doing something wrong?

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

RE: Cordless wet dry vac experiances - iclark - 05-24-2021

(05-24-2021, 10:34 AM)FireWood Wrote:
Raised
I use a snowshovel around the lathe...   and a 2hp dust collector for the areas within about 20' of the main throw zone.  Am I doing something wrong?

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Glenn Lucas occasionally shows short vids of him turning at his lathe and the shavings winding up in a small dumpster behind the lathe. Sort of an advanced skill version of the demonstrator who can hit anyone near the front of a demo with the shavings.
Laugh 

I wound up with a shovel normally associated with mucking a stall. It was left behind by some guys pouring a concrete ramp. (they never came back for it)

That shovel is a lot more convenient than a snow shovel around the lathe.

I also got one of those gadgets that holds a large plastic yard bag open for picking up leaves. It makes the opening of the bags very convenient for the size of my shovel.

One of these days I hope to get 220V set up for my dust collector, but that has not happened yet.
Rolleyes