Woodnet Forums
Sheartak Spiral Cutterhead for WOODMASTER 718 Planer - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sheartak Spiral Cutterhead for WOODMASTER 718 Planer (/showthread.php?tid=7363239)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Sheartak Spiral Cutterhead for WOODMASTER 718 Planer - fishhh4 - 06-16-2021

(06-16-2021, 05:09 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I see what you mean about the chip collection, that must be a real surprise. Did you notice the reduced noise?

It was a surprise. I had noticed little holes in the valleys of the hose coming down to it. It is my most used hose as it hooks to all my portable machines. I am going to order in some more hose and see if that makes a difference.
Maybe take the Bag down from my PSI cyclone and clean it out a bit as I was doing quite a bit of sanding previously.
The noise was reduced from what I can remember. I have had the sanding head on it for a couple of years and relying on my DW 733 for the planning tasks. A lot quieter than the DW that's for sure.
I was very pleased with the finish to say the least. Glass smooth with no lines.
As I worked the stock previously you would learn which direction to feed it that produced the least tear out. With this head, it seemed it did not matter.