Woodnet Forums
For those that remember Walt Q... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: For those that remember Walt Q... (/showthread.php?tid=7363974)

Pages: 1 2 3

For those that remember Walt Q... - Scott W - 07-17-2021

I got this from there ages ago. Never used it. Wondered why I bought it. Then suddenly when you don't have a forstener bit large enough to set a candle you want for a project. In the process it was nice to remember the visit to Brass City Records.

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - Stwood_ - 07-17-2021

Yes, I bought a few things from Walt. He was a good guy

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - Timberwolf - 07-17-2021

(07-17-2021, 01:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes, I bought a few things from Walt. He was a good guy

Same here...We swapped a couple of tools...He was #1....
Yes

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - AHill - 07-17-2021

Walt was a great guy. Lots of knowledge. Big heart. Still using a few of the tools he sold me.

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - MarkSingleton - 07-17-2021

It is a statement to the quality of the man that though I never met him, nor made a purchase from
him, I still recall his name and his excellent reputation among those here on WoodNet.

Simple, but it has always been true, people like to do business with people they like.

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - Admiral - 07-18-2021

Back in the mid 90's I used to travel once a month to Shelton CT on business, not far from Waterbury, and stopped by his shop many times. Have several items from him, and he was a total hoot to spend a half hour chatting with. RIP Walt....

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - Alan S - 07-18-2021

I remember him fondly. He sold me a range of things over the phone, and I met him once. He only sold good stuff, all at a very reasonable price. Talking to him was always fun too.

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - Timberwolf - 07-19-2021

(07-18-2021, 09:17 PM)Alan S Wrote: I remember him fondly.  He sold me a range of things over the phone, and I met him once.  He only sold good stuff, all at a very reasonable price.  Talking to him was always fun too.
Just thinking back...I believe his name was Walt Quadrotto, or something similar...an honorable man, they don't come any better!

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - andrewb - 07-19-2021

I was just thinking about Walt the other day.  Too far away from me to have met him in person but we did some business from time to time all the same.  Learned a lot from his posts here and have hard copies of a few like how to ID a plane from the adjustment levers, etc.  This forum was quite a different place back when he was active.  So it goes.

RE: For those that remember Walt Q... - dry heat - 07-19-2021

(07-19-2021, 07:01 PM)andrewb Wrote: I was just thinking about Walt the other day.  Too far away from me to have met him in person but we did some business from time to time all the same.  Learned a lot from his posts here and have hard copies of a few like how to ID a plane from the adjustment levers, etc.  This forum was quite a different place back when he was active.  So it goes.

Many years ago I bought a Stanley 605, a #2 and several lesser items  from Walt Q. I was able to visit with him in his store a few times, packed with music downstairs and tools upstairs. A great man and a pleasure to deal with.

Ed