Woodnet Forums
Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright (/showthread.php?tid=7364350)

Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright - Juss1 - 08-07-2021

I went to go use my carvewright cnc for the first time in several years and during the first test project the traction sandpaper belt ripped.  I tried searching for a replacement but couldn't find one.  Including the carvewright online store itself.  Tried posting on the forum but I don't think it has much traffic.  If I can't find I was thinking perhaps I can have a custom one made for me.  Anyone know of a good source that sells custom sized sandpaper belts?

RE: Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright - lift mechanic - 08-07-2021

Klingspor sell many sizes of belts. I have had good experiences with them for many wood working supplies.

RE: Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright - RPE1 - 08-08-2021

(08-07-2021, 10:30 PM)Juss1 Wrote: I went to go use my carvewright cnc for the first time in several years and during the first test project the traction sandpaper belt ripped.  I tried searching for a replacement but couldn't find one.  Including the carvewright online store itself.  Tried posting on the forum but I don't think it has much traffic.  If I can't find I was thinking perhaps I can have a custom one made for me.  Anyone know of a good source that sells custom sized sandpaper belts?

I got a traction belt for my Performax from Industrial Abrasives.  Yes they will make custom belts.  You just have to know the size.  Here's a quote from their web site.  "{Remember, we can make any size belt you may need up to 54” wide so if you have an unusual requirement, let us handle it for you." 

RE: Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright - Juss1 - 08-08-2021

Do u know if they can make custom sizes?

RE: Source for Custom sandpaper belt for CarveWright - farmerj111 - 08-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 09:03 AM)Juss1 Wrote: Do u know if they can make custom sizes?

Yes they do, just give them a call.