Woodnet Forums
Woodworking plans - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Woodworking plans (/showthread.php?tid=7364443)

Woodworking plans - fptahoe - 08-12-2021

Any recommendations on where to buy high quality woodworking project plans?  I see many adverts for sites that have 16,000 plans for a very low price and that makes me skeptical that the plans would be any good.  I can usually just wing it with a pencil and paper, but now I would like to take on more complicated projects and, knowing me, a quality plan would save me probably 50% in wood cost and half the trips outside with my sawdust barrel.  Thank you as always if you have any recommendations...FPT

RE: Woodworking plans - Gary G™ - 08-12-2021

I think you should buy the specific plan you want as you intend to use it rather than ’stuff’.

RE: Woodworking plans - museumguy - 08-12-2021

I get a lot of free plans from Woodsmith. They have a great assortment that you can buy also.

RE: Woodworking plans - iclark - 08-13-2021

As mentioned, Woodsmith has good plans.

So does Lee Valley. I really like their variation of the Adirondack chair.

RE: Woodworking plans - fredhargis - 08-13-2021

I'd sure pass on those sites you mention. Both Wood and Woodsmith have online searches for the plans they have published and generally they are very good, albeit maybe a little expensive. You could buy their thumbdrives that have every issue of the magazines ever published, they run about $100 (Woodsmith) to $150 (Wood). I suspect the other magazines do something similar.