Woodnet Forums
John Walter book on stanley tools - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: John Walter book on stanley tools (/showthread.php?tid=7365366)

Pages: 1 2

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - MarkSingleton - 10-09-2021

You can add me to the list of guys who sent in a sase.

I gave up on ever hearing anything about a new printing.

There is enough information out there now that it is getting
to the point that his s h i p  may well have sailed.

IF a new one ever DOES get published.... I will probably wait and
see even then. As I say, I have pretty much given up.

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - Kansas City Fireslayer - 10-13-2021

I loathed for that book but wouldn’t spend the money when it was highly sought after. I settled for his less informative $15 pocket guide. Today, I think it would be difficult to nail down accurate values and a wide price range doesn’t help much. Lots of variables to “worth” and anyone who has been around old tools very long knows that a sudden change in wind direction can make a tool double in value overnight. Schwarz’s blog could send whatever he mentioned or used to crazy prices on the auction site.

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - TomFromStLouis - 10-14-2021

If I put my copy on eBay will I have to pay capital gains tax?

Crazy

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - Admiral - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 01:19 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: If I put my copy on eBay will I have to pay capital gains tax?

Crazy

we won't tell. . . . . . .

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - Stwood_ - 10-14-2021

I checked one out at the library many years ago. I didn't see the fascination over a wanna be $200.00 book, so finally quit trying to snag one on ebay.

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - Stwood_ - 10-14-2021

I checked one out at the library many years ago. I didn't see the fascination over a wanna be $200.00 book, so finally quit trying to snag one on ebay.
Smirk

RE: John Walter book on stanley tools - Bob10 - 10-16-2021

(10-14-2021, 10:17 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I checked one out at the library many years ago. I didn't see the fascination over a wanna be $200.00 book, so finally quit trying to snag one on ebay.
Smirk

I snagged one of Ebay for less that $40  I think it was listed incorrectly by the seller.  I have only looked at it a couple of times
I got it mostly to see what the fuss was about.