Woodnet Forums
Neighborhood lending library project - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Neighborhood lending library project (/showthread.php?tid=7365448)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Neighborhood lending library project - Mike Brady - 10-13-2021

(10-13-2021, 05:50 AM)fredhargis Wrote: On the size aspect, keep in mind that books can be very heavy, so if you go larger plan accordingly.

I hear you on the the "size matters" issue.  Someone here made a very nice one but it's too small for hardbound books.  One the other hand, a big one might need two mounting posts for good support.  The site for mine serves only about fifty homes, so the one shown looks about right to me.  There is also the issue of cost, which most people will grossly underestimate.  I'm happy to make it, but I'm not sure I want to finance it too.  $200+ would be my estimate.

RE: Neighborhood lending library project - photobug - 10-13-2021

I live right on a bike path right next to a park in which sits one of these lending libraries.  This is in NW Wyoming so it is as cold and as ugly a weather, as it gets, it barely got above freezing today.  I will go to the park and examine the "library" tomorrow and let you know how it is made.  I think some winters the library gets removed for a short time, some winters not.  It is a moot point because winter conditions exist year around here.

I think it is PT plywood painted and with a metal roof.  I will report the details tomorrow.