Woodnet Forums
Powermatic shipping - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Powermatic shipping (/showthread.php?tid=7365629)

Powermatic shipping - gp0391 - 10-23-2021

Hello everyone, new to this board and not sure if this is posted in the correct forum, or if this has been discussed.  Anyway, I ordered a Powermatic shaper from Amazon in February, and is yet to arrive when originally it was to arrive in March.  Has anyone experienced this, does this seem right? TY

RE: Powermatic shipping - lift mechanic - 10-23-2021

I don't know about Powermatic but I had to wait 6 months for Grizzly to deliver my jointer. With the shipping back up, parts and lots of other things are taking a very long time to arrive. It is probbly sitting off the coast of California.

RE: Powermatic shipping - fredhargis - 10-23-2021

Earlier this spring I ordered one of their belt/disc combo sanders and it was delayed a few months waiting for production to catch up. Many other tool companies are back ordered on many items. I wouldn't call it "normal", but it kind of is the way things are these days.

RE: Powermatic shipping - Handplanesandmore - 10-24-2021

Another way to put it is this - It'd be abnormal these days if you get something made in and shipped from outside NA on time. For bigger machinery, a delay of a couple of months to half a year is normal.

Simon

RE: Powermatic shipping - skeeterk - 10-25-2021

I ordered a Powermatic BS in early January as a retailer was still offering their black Friday price.  My ship date changed 3 times and I received the saw on July 2nd . Between receiving the material from overseas and assembly back log everything was taking that long.

RE: Powermatic shipping - BloomingtonMike - 10-28-2021

I ordered a PM719t floor mortiser in late June for a delivery expected 11/23.