Woodnet Forums
FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe (/showthread.php?tid=7365749)

Pages: 1 2

FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - Timberwolf - 10-30-2021

for sale in Florida on Craig's List..{not mine}..It's a brute...

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/tls/d/auburndale-harvey-turbo-60s-wood-lathe/7395816685.html

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - Grey Mountain - 10-31-2021

I was interested until I saw it had comparater brackets. Ain't having no lathe in my shop with them dang comparater brackets!

GM

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - Philip1231 - 10-31-2021

I thought I'd chime in and mention that Harvey machines are made in china: not looking to rain on anyone's parade or to make this a political statement, but it is one of the newer brands that some folks might not be familiar with (I will add that it is the same company that bought out Bridge City Tool Works).

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - badwhiskey - 10-31-2021

I'd never heard of them. I guess I'll keep saving for a Robust. Who am I kidding, I'm too cheap.

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - Grey Mountain - 11-01-2021

Ain't tradin' in my ONEWAY 24-36 FOR ONE.

gm

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - FrankAtl - 11-01-2021

Grey Mountain Wrote:I was interested until I saw it had comparater brackets.  Ain't having no lathe in my shop with them dang comparater brackets!

GM

Just curious, what's a comparator bracket?

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - iclark - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 11:13 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Just curious, what's a comparator bracket?

I had to look that up. I did not recall that name.

It is a pair of brackets on the backside of the headstock and tailstock that can hold a template or a turning that serves as a visual reference for the spindle being turned. It can also hold a row of nodding angels that drop when you reach a critical size for a point in a turning.

Some DIY duplicators can use the template/sample_turning mounted in the comparator brackets as the reference, but it is a less than ideal setup because of the different lengths of the reference arm and the cutting arm.

I think that the headstock bracket is also the safety guard bracket. You can use it for one or the other but not both at the same time.

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - FrankAtl - 11-03-2021

iclark Wrote:I had to look that up. I did not recall that name.

It is a pair of brackets on the backside of the headstock and tailstock that can hold a template or a turning that serves as a visual reference for the spindle being turned. It can also hold a row of nodding angels that drop when you reach a critical size for a point in a turning.

Some DIY duplicators can use the template/sample_turning mounted in the comparator brackets as the reference, but it is a less than ideal setup because of the different lengths of the reference arm and the cutting arm.

I think that the headstock bracket is also the safety guard bracket. You can use it for one or the other but not both at the same time.

Thank you sir! I had no idea...

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - Timberwolf - 11-04-2021

(11-03-2021, 08:52 AM)FrankAtl Wrote:  
Thank you sir! I had no idea...

..........LIL
More info on the Harvey................

https://www.harveywoodworking.com/products/t-60s?variant=31578097451123&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzJLksu7-8wIVEwnnCh08EAEZEAQYASABEgL1_fD_BwE

RE: FYI Harvey Turbo 60 lathe - hcbph - 12-03-2021

Interesting issue, the sale ad for a 10 month old lathe is the same price as a new one including shipping.  Guess the seller added some gold or platinum to it?