Woodnet Forums
General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer (/showthread.php?tid=7365832)

General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer - Ferns96 - 11-03-2021

Hi everyone,

I recently got a Drummondville make 350 for a steal off of Kijiji. It didn't come with a mitre gauge, but I figured...no biggie. I have a General International mitre gauge t-slot that should fit it no problem.

The issue I've run into, is that the washer that guides the miter gauge bar into the track...the washer (would you call it a washer?) doesn't fit. It's too wide, flat, and is not countersunk like the original.
I know, I know... I got hasty but I couldn't resist the pull of the saw...so now I'm onto trouble shooting/refurb.

Aside from just grabbing a washer and countersinking it... would anyone be able to point me in the direction of where I could source a little part like this?
The only reason I'd like to find a t-slot washer akin to the original make, is that the washer on the Gen International is flat, whereas the Drummondville washer has a convex surface to it on the bottom...it kind up bubbles down like a miniature version of an arbor washer.

In the future I'll be sourcing out another G International miter gauge, and will have to replace that washer as well. A point in the right direction would be appreciated.
Smile

RE: General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer - Bob10 - 11-03-2021

I have 2 of those saws they are really nice

RE: General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer - hcbph - 11-04-2021

IMO unless you pull the miter gauge out the front of the saw a ways before starting your cut, is that T-slot washer really necessary to you?  I had them on a couple of miter gauges over the years and removed them so I could put the miter gauge into the slot anywhere on the saw table.

Just a comment.

RE: General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer - Alan S - 11-05-2021

"I had them on a couple of miter gauges over the years and removed them so I could put the miter gauge into the slot anywhere on the saw table."

Same here.

If I want to make a guided crosscut longer than the front of the saw, I use a sled rather than a miter gauge.

RE: General 350 (Drummondville) T Slot Washer - kurt18947 - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 09:30 AM)Alan S Wrote: If I want to make a guided crosscut longer than the front of the saw, I use a sled rather than a miter gauge.

Yup, I've never trusted a miter gauge where the miter gauge's fence wasn't on the saw's surface. A GOOD SQUARE sled should be the first project after getting a table saw.