Woodnet Forums
Looking for a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Looking for a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board (/showthread.php?tid=7365835)

Looking for a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board - Yodascaretaker - 11-04-2021

I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board that they might be willing to sell? I’d even buy a No 51/52 plane/board combo if someone doesn’t want to sell the board separately.

I recently got a Lie Nielsen shooting plane and would love to get a Stanley shooting board to pair it with. I can pay cash, or can offer some very nice tools (Lie Nielsen, Veritas, Stanley, etc…) in a trade.

Thanks!

RE: Looking for a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board - Admiral - 11-04-2021

Ha, ha, a long shot indeed. I've only seen these at tool meets, and even then half of them weren't for sale - they seem to have been made of unobtainium.... but good luck on your quest nonetheless. They tend to only show up at auctions in my experience.

RE: Looking for a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board - Katzrme - 11-04-2021

Recently a Stanley 51/52 was listed for $1200 on Craigslist in the San Francisco Bay Area. Looked to be in excellent condition. I’m not a collector and already have a Veritas shooting plane and two homemade shooting boards, otherwise I might have been very tempted. It didn’t last long.

RE: Looking for a Stanley No 52 Shooting Board - Yodascaretaker - 11-04-2021

I just saw a 52 (board only, no plane) go for $1,100 on eBay the other day. Insane.

It’d probably cost less to have an exact replica machined.