Woodnet Forums
Wahuda Planer - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Wahuda Planer (/showthread.php?tid=7367639)

Wahuda Planer - 2link2 - 02-12-2022

Anybody here have one ? If so I'd really like to hear your opinion on it. I can't find any reviews on it except1 review on Wahuda web site. I've seen a few reviews on the Cutech planer which is exact same planer except the Wahuda has 4 sided cutters Cutech 2 sided and about 100 bucks cheaper.
I posted up same question on 2 other forums and no response, seems odd no body owns one or doesn't want share there opinion.
Thanks

RE: Wahuda Planer - thewalnutguy - 02-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 10:04 AM)2link2 Wrote: Anybody here have one ? If so I'd really like to hear your opinion on it. I can't find any reviews on it except1 review on Wahuda web site. I've seen a few reviews on the Cutech planer which is exact same planer except the Wahuda has 4 sided cutters Cutech 2 sided and about 100 bucks cheaper.
I posted up same question on 2 other forums and no response, seems odd no body owns one or doesn't want share there opinion.
Thanks

I'd never heard of the brand, so I did a search, found there's a youtube video that discusses the unit. It's got carbide cutters, but I take exception with calling it a spiral head as it's got multiple straight channels for the cutters and the cutters are staggered in their spacing, so each tooth will make a chopping cut rather than a shearing cut. The video did say that the surface is not flat "but can be smoothed out with a pass of an orbital sander".

RE: Wahuda Planer - jazzgtrist - 02-13-2022

I've got the Cutech 40200H model.  For a bench top device, it's quite powerful.  Leaves a very nice finish, usually with no snipe.  Dust/chip collection is pretty good, too.

I've used it for rough-sawn white oak, hard maple, cherry, african mahogany, and western red cedar.  I've also got the Cutech 40180 8" jointer. 

These are quality machines and I would be quite confident that any updates or changes under the Wahuda brand name will be reliable improvements.

George

RE: Wahuda Planer - 2link2 - 02-13-2022

Thanks, I watched the video & it seemed like more of an infomercial I'm going to re-watch it I don't remember the guy saying the surface wasn't flat I know it's not a true Helical head. The only bench top planers I've seen that have a true Helical head are the Oliver & Grizzly both about 1000 bucks I'm trying not to spend that much. I recently bought a Laguna PX12 and returned it. It was a very bad machine you can see reviews here, https://www.rockler.com/laguna-px-12-quadtec-i-2hp-12-benchtop-planer
I don't want go through that again so I was hoping to see some real world user reviews on the Wahuda

RE: Wahuda Planer - kurt18947 - 02-18-2022

(02-13-2022, 10:23 AM)2link2 Wrote: benchtop-planer
I don't want go through that again so I was hoping to see some real world user reviews on the Wahuda

Cutech/Wahuda's problem is going to be no retail presence. How long did it take Grizzly to become (somewhat) trusted? Woodworkers tend to not be risk takers. If they can't lay their hands on a machine and be able to return it, they wait for a bunch of positive reviews before considering an online purchase. If nobody wants to 'take one for the team', where do those reviews come from?

RE: Wahuda Planer - 2link2 - 02-19-2022

(02-18-2022, 07:48 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: Cutech/Wahuda's problem is going to be no retail presence. How long did it take Grizzly to become (somewhat) trusted? Woodworkers tend to not be risk takers. If they can't lay their hands on a machine and be able to return it, they wait for a bunch of positive reviews before considering an online purchase. If nobody wants to 'take one for the team', where do those reviews come from?

Yeah, probably not risk takers cause we work hard for our money ! I also think the "problem" is too many choices, there are at least 12 different brands of bench top planers on the market, 2 blade, 3 blade, helical head cutters, spiral type cutters some  2 sided, some 4 sided. I mean if there were only traditional knife type planers out there I'd own a Dewalt 735.
Paralysis by analysis is my problem !
I already "took one for the team" on the Laguna PX12 than about a week after I returned mine negative reviews popped up & I think Laguna topped selling them due to there problems.
Anyway some guys here have given the Cutech good reviews so I'm going to be buying one of them today.