Woodnet Forums
What ever happened to… - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: What ever happened to… (/showthread.php?tid=7368425)

Pages: 1 2 3

What ever happened to… - john jesseph - 03-31-2022

In the saw thread, a couple names popped up. It made me wonder, whatever happened to so-and-so? I was thinking about Mike Wenzloff specifically. I think he’s still around, way under the radar. The next people I thought of were the guys that started Shepherd Tools, selling infill kits.

Who do you wonder about?

RE: What ever happened to… - ChuckHill - 03-31-2022

Jim Reed, Steve Knight

RE: What ever happened to… - Katzrme - 03-31-2022

Sandy Moss (aka Sydnas Sloot)

RE: What ever happened to… - john jesseph - 03-31-2022

I think Steve Knight is running a cnc business. I remember his posts on oldtools when he was trying to figure things out.

RE: What ever happened to… - Pedder - 03-31-2022

joemac
vlad spehar

RE: What ever happened to… - AHill - 03-31-2022

joemac sold most of his ww gear. I think he still posts in the basement every once-in-a-while

A few others who seem to have disappeared:
Blaine
Bob Zajiczek (Czech Edge Tools)
Stu Tierney (Schtoo - used to sell Japanese woodworking tools and stones - super knowledgeable about sharpening stones)
Evenfall (Rob) - Used to sell shooting boards - his entire shop was destroyed in a large wildfire in CA.

A few guys who used to be pretty active on WN but not anymore:

Chris Schwarz (PWW, Lost Arts Press)
Joel Moskowitz (TFWW)
Bob Lang (PWW - still posts from time to time)
Bob Smalser (left because he kept getting critiqued by idiots)
Jameel Abraham (started Benchcrafted)
Megan Fitzpatrick (erinorunning) - Managing Editor at PWW after Schwarz left - now works for Lost Arts Press

RE: What ever happened to… - enjuneer - 03-31-2022

(03-31-2022, 04:41 PM)AHill Wrote: Megan Fitzpatrick (erinorunning) - Managing Editor at PWW after Schwarz left - now works for Lost Arts Press

Megan is active on Facebook as herself and on Instagram as 1snugthejoiner. She posts nearly every day.

RE: What ever happened to… - Timberwolf - 03-31-2022

(03-31-2022, 06:14 PM)enjuneer Wrote: Megan is active on Facebook as herself and on Instagram as 1snugthejoiner. She posts nearly every day.

Blaine has been posting in the basement since covid.

RE: What ever happened to… - john jesseph - 03-31-2022

I think Schtoo moved to Australia, and is an electrician.

RE: What ever happened to… - AHill - 04-01-2022

(03-31-2022, 08:42 PM)john jesseph Wrote: I think Schtoo moved to Australia, and is an electrician.

Schtoo is originally from Australia.  I think he moved back when there was some family business to take care of.