Woodnet Forums
More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers (/showthread.php?tid=7368699)

Pages: 1 2

More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Timberwolf - 04-20-2022

some tips you may not be aware of.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzc4tQ5CRxk

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - AHill - 04-20-2022

Oris Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 114 - 10 day power reserve.

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Timberwolf - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 09:39 AM)AHill Wrote: Oris Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 114 - 10 day power reserve.
Ummmm....OK.
Laugh

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Tony Z - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 09:39 AM)AHill Wrote: Oris Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 114 - 10 day power reserve.

A watch guy!

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Handplanesandmore - 04-20-2022

Confused

Smoking something after waking up?

Simon

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Tony Z - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 04:18 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote:
Confused

Smoking something after waking up?

Simon

Oris is a Swiss Watch maker, punches way above its weight. Had one, sold it, wish I didn’t (I’m an accumulator of Swiss watches).

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Timberwolf - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 04:29 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Oris is a Swiss Watch maker, punches way above its weight.  Had one, sold it, wish I didn’t (I’m an accumulator of Swiss watches).

Any Patek Philippe ?? I used to collect {and repair} vintage pocket watches at flea markets and pawn shops. Mostly Railroad watches...They were the accuracy standard of their day, but when the "el Cheapo" quartz watches/clocks came on the market, even the best of those watches could not match quartz accuracy and I disposed of my collection...I still have lots of Marine and other clocks tho.

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Tony Z - 04-21-2022

(04-20-2022, 09:55 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..............
Any Patek Philippe ?? I used to collect {and repair} vintage pocket watches at flea markets and pawn shops. Mostly Railroad watches...They were the accuracy standard of their day, but when the "el Cheapo" quartz watches/clocks came on the market,  even the best of those watches could not match quartz accuracy and I disposed of my collection...I still have lots of Marine and other clocks tho.

Way beyond what I am willing to spend! I like value watches like the Oris! Also, vintage RR pocket watches.

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - TraditionalToolworks - 04-21-2022

(04-20-2022, 04:29 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Oris is a Swiss Watch maker, punches way above its weight.  Had one, sold it, wish I didn’t (I’m an accumulator of Swiss watches).
I have a Minerva stop watch, bought it about 30 years ago, so it's not very vintage, but I like to fidget with it and open it up to look at the mechanism. I have a few old art deco watches that I like, but these days wear an Apple iWatch as I use it for swimming, driving, et al...I'm like a combination of Dick Tracey and Maxwell smart on the road...LOL It will go to my son when I pass...

RE: More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers - Tony Z - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 05:33 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: I have a Minerva stop watch, bought it about 30 years ago, so it's not very vintage, but I like to fidget with it and open it up to look at the mechanism. I have a few old art deco watches that I like, but these days wear an Apple iWatch as I use it for swimming, driving, et al...I'm like a combination of Dick Tracey and Maxwell smart on the road...LOL It will go to my son when I pass...

Mainly wear a Hamilton mechanical- something just right starting the day with winding your watch. Nice throw back to simpler times!