Woodnet Forums
Chisels for sale - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Chisels for sale (/showthread.php?tid=7369215)

Pages: 1 2

Chisels for sale - maswindell - 05-20-2022

Nothing is for sale for the 750's

RE: Chisels for sale - iclark - 05-20-2022

It looks like you did the Browse for the other pic, but did not do the Add Attachment for it before doing the insert into article. Then that other pic fell off when you posted the article.

You may be able to add the other pic in the original article using Full Edit or you could add it to the thread in a new article/

RE: Chisels for sale - maswindell - 05-21-2022

Maybe I was optimistic about pricing for these chisels. I'll reduce price to the starter set to $75 and the 750's to $100. THX

RE: Chisels for sale - Martin S. - 05-21-2022

People are leery, perhaps rightly so, about buying from folks with low post counts. The $100 price is just fine, but you might want to show the backs of the chisels, as pitting on the back is a deal breaker, at least for me.

RE: Chisels for sale - maswindell - 05-21-2022

(05-21-2022, 03:10 PM)Martin S. Wrote: People are leery, perhaps rightly so, about buying from folks with low post counts.  The $100 price is just fine, but you might want to show the backs of the chisels, as pitting on the back is a deal breaker, at least for me.

I was planing to add back pics and got sidetracked and had to redo pics to decrease resolution. As far as low post counts I can understand some members being leery, however I was on this forum for years and had to register with no luck what so ever. Contacted the moderator at least 6 times, the parent org few times all with no response from the moderators. I ender up registering using my wife's email so I am back in business.

RE: Chisels for sale - barnowl - 05-21-2022

(05-21-2022, 03:45 PM)ricagamb Wrote: I was planing to add back pics and got sidetracked and had to redo pics to decrease resolution. As far as low post counts I can understand some members being leery, however I was on this forum for years and had to register with no luck what so ever. Contacted the moderator at least 6 times, the parent org few times all with no response from the moderators. I ender up registering using my wife's email so I am back in business.

Tell me your previous user name, and I'll look into re-establishing your old account.

Send it here, with your present email address.

woodnetbarnowl@gmail.com

More Chisels for sale - maswindell - 05-21-2022

I am not pic savy and I had to redo all my pics at a lower resolution for posting. Here we go again- these have all been squared,sharpened but not honed, backs are finished to 320 grit. I either used original handles or new ones made for hard maple finished wiht 2 coats of wipe on poly. Thge first is a nice pair of bevel edge 2" wide Van Camp with 2 1/2 blade length. [attachment=42355][attachment=42355] $50 each
I have 2 witherby mortise chisels 1/4" and 1/8" $20 each. I don't know what is going on with pics.

Paring chisels 4 sale - maswindell - 05-21-2022

These chisels appear to be either paring or near full length original. $20 each, sharpened squared backs finished to 320 grit, new handles are hard maple. First pic 5/8 New haven tool  1/2 no maker
[attachment=42358][attachment=42359] next pic Stanley 720 5/8 wide 6" long blade,Pexto 1/2", 6" blade, No maker mark 3/8" wide 6" blade. $25 each. All plus priority shipping. Paypal to planewoodie, Pm me for mailing address. I have a set of four firmers no makers except one may be a Buck Brothers, pm an email and I'll send pics much easier. I still can't get pics right, I'm trying.

RE: Chisels for sale - barnowl - 05-22-2022

(05-21-2022, 04:31 PM)barnowl Wrote: Tell me your previous user name, and I'll look into re-establishing your old account.

Send it here, with your present email address.

woodnetbarnowl@gmail.com

You should be all set now.... I sent you and email showing what I did.

Enjoy !!!

Chisel Sale Feedback - maswindell - 05-22-2022

I am curious as to why my sales have no bids or even offers. I base some of my pricing on the bay listings and other woodworking sites. I don't believe the prices are unreasonable as half of the chisels needed new handles and all required some degree of sharpening etc. The cost of the chisel, handle and my time comes to a fair price of $20 each. The 750's are somewhat of a collectible so perhaps I priced thoe set too high. I realize the posts were confusing and in the future I will be sure to review the listing prior to posting.

I have been a member since 2003 and not a super poster but due to medical issues I have had to start over in this forum. If you are leery about my posting then all you have to do is send a PM to me and I will respond promptly.

Mike