Woodnet Forums
Rikon Band saw - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Rikon Band saw (/showthread.php?tid=7369291)

Rikon Band saw - Bollinger - 05-27-2022

I have been trying to find the upper and lower trunion assembly for my Rikon 14"
band saw model 10-325 for almost 2 years.  I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion.  I would settle for a fixed table solution that at least let me cut  90 degrees.

RE: Rikon Band saw - iclark - 05-27-2022

Definitely not good news that these parts are discontinued.

Seems like this is the sort of thing that some of the metal-workers here used to be able to fabricate.

Anyone have contact info for Engineer, Cape Cod, or the other metal workers?

It does seem like this could be a good project for someone with a 3D metal printer.

There could be a lot of us with this sort of need in the future.

RE: Rikon Band saw - barryvabeach - 05-27-2022

If it were steel, I would say have it welded, but my guess from the color, and the fact that it broke, it is either some pot metal or aluminum.  Can't you just make an H  out of Baltic Birch and screw one side of the H to the underside of the table and the other side of the H to the Bandsaw - you would lose the ability to tilt, but I never tilt.  When I say H, I mean think of a capital letter H that you would buy as a decoration, and lie it down so  from above you see the letter H -  and glue additional pieces from one leg of the other, and drill holes in the tabs onto it so you can attach it to the bandsaw where the bolt holes are.

RE: Rikon Band saw - Ohio Mike - 05-27-2022

BollingerI have been trying to find the upper and lower trunion assembly for my Rikon 14"
band saw model 10-325 for almost 2 years.  I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion.  I would settle for a fixed table solution that at least let me cut  90 degrees.

Sorry to hear they have discontinued the parts.  

If I were in this situation, I would try something like this:

https://flic.kr/p/2noas9U

Sorry for the crude drawing!

The threaded rods would allow you to adjust the table level.

Oversizing the holes in the C channel that bolts to the underside of the table would allow rotational adjustment.

Mike

RE: Rikon Band saw - kurt18947 - 05-27-2022

The fact that a part is out of stock doesn't mean that it's discontinued. I'm in a similar situation with a 10-325 saw. I'm looking for a couple parts - one is in stock and one is back ordered. Just another example of the screwed up supply chain. I am able to use my saw but only on the low speed setting. Low speed is better than not at all.

Rikon claimed they had both parts in stock and printed a shipping label. When nothing happened for 5 days I called and talked to a guy. He didn't know what was going on and said he'd check and call me back. I'm still waiting for the call back but I'm not too bent out of shape. It's not like Rikon is the only one with shipping problems.

RE: Rikon Band saw - jteneyck - 05-28-2022

That part could be made by CNCing aluminum flat stock and welding or screwing the parts together.  Probably better to tap and screw them together to avoid any warping welding might cause.  

John

RE: Rikon Band saw - kurt18947 - 06-22-2022

(05-27-2022, 08:33 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: The fact that a part is out of stock doesn't mean that it's discontinued. I'm in a similar situation with a 10-325 saw. I'm looking for a couple parts - one is in stock and one is back ordered. Just another example of the screwed up supply chain. I am able to use my saw but only on the low speed setting. Low speed is better than not at all.

Rikon claimed they had both parts in stock and printed a shipping label. When nothing happened for 5 days I called and talked to a guy. He didn't know what was going on and said he'd check and call me back. I'm still waiting for the call back but I'm not too bent out of shape. It's not like Rikon is the only one with shipping problems.
I did finally get the part I was waiting for. It took 3 calls, about a week apart but a few days ago the parts appeared. Here is Rikon's parts web site for the 10-325:

https://www.rikonparts.com/product/10-325