Woodnet Forums
WTB #1 wood River plane - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: WTB #1 wood River plane (/showthread.php?tid=7369837)

WTB #1 wood River plane - tablesawtom - 07-09-2022

I have wanted to buy one ever since they first came out at $116. I would still like to have one, just so I can say I have oneĀ  if for no other reason, but I can not afford one at $179.99 either. So, being on a fixed income, I am wondering if someone that has one, just gathering dust, might consider parting with it, for a reasonable price. How did I do with the wining part of it?

Tom

RE: WTB #1 wood River plane - Timberwolf - 07-10-2022

(07-09-2022, 09:59 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I have wanted to buy one ever since they first came out at $116. I would still like to have one, just so I can say I have oneĀ  if for no other reason, but I can not afford one at $179.99 either. So, being on a fixed income, I am wondering if someone that has one, just gathering dust, might consider parting with it, for a reasonable price. How did I do with the wining part of it?

Tom
How did I do with the wining part of it?

Not bad, Tom...but you may have to learn to "grovel" a bit more to get what you want...It usually works for me...
Rolleyes
Laugh

RE: WTB #1 wood River plane - tablesawtom - 07-16-2022

(07-10-2022, 09:12 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ............................
How did I do with the wining part of it?

Not bad, Tom...but you may have to learn to "grovel" a bit more to get what you want...It usually works for me...
Rolleyes
Laugh

Sometimes people buy things only to find out they really don't use them, much, if at all. I am sure this plane will never reach the value of a Stanley #1, but it has steadily been going up in price. I do not need it therefore hoping to get it a little cheaper from someone who decided they needed it even less.

Tom