Woodnet Forums
Penn State Industries - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Penn State Industries (/showthread.php?tid=7370886)

Penn State Industries - Bob10 - 10-07-2022

anyone else get an email trying to sell pot pipes?  I unsubscribed from their email.

RE: Penn State Industries - Allen - 10-07-2022

(10-07-2022, 05:38 PM)Bob10 Wrote: anyone else get an email trying to sell pot pipes?  I unsubscribed from their email.

Not an e-mail but they have been carrying them in their catalog for awhile. 

Al

RE: Penn State Industries - Bob10 - 10-08-2022

(10-07-2022, 07:23 PM)Allen Wrote: Not an e-mail but they have been carrying them in their catalog for awhile. 

Al

Well I will shop elsewhere

RE: Penn State Industries - arthropod98 - 10-10-2022

kinda a slippery slope on pipes i think.  i've made and sold a few that i label "tobacco pipes", but, realistically, you could smoke anything out of them.  
Crazy

RE: Penn State Industries - briman87 - 10-10-2022

(10-07-2022, 05:38 PM)Bob10 Wrote: anyone else get an email trying to sell pot pipes?  I unsubscribed from their email.

I didn't receive the email about them but have seen them in the catalog a few times. Depending on where you live it could be legal to use it recreationally. Here in NJ it is. I know in PA it is still illegal however it has been decriminalized in many places there. I did a craft market this weekend sold bottle openers and several people commented that they looked like a smoking bowl from far away. I told them I haven't made them before but could probably figure something out. Since it is legal here I do plan to look into them since it is becoming a bigger business. My main job deals with companies that do medicinal and have seen a big boom in the industry in the past 4 years. I have seen the benefits from medicinal use in cancer patients and other medical issues that can cause pain and it is real. If you are for or against it is an opinion but shouldn't effect your business with a company if they promote it.

RE: Penn State Industries - AHill - 10-11-2022

Did the email call it a pot pipe? To be fair, they call it a Smoking Pipe in their catalog. Otherwise, they'd be selling drug paraphernalia and they'd have to deny sales to states where marijuana is illegal. I never cared for PSI's stuff anyway, so it's not a burden on me to scratch them off my shopping list.

RE: Penn State Industries - Bob10 - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:49 AM)briman87 Wrote: I didn't receive the email about them but have seen them in the catalog a few times.  Depending on where you live it could be legal to use it recreationally.  Here in NJ it is.  I know in PA it is still illegal however it has been decriminalized in many places there. I did a craft market this weekend sold bottle openers and several people commented that they looked like a smoking bowl from far away.  I told them I haven't made them before but could probably figure something out.  Since it is legal here I do plan to look into them since it is becoming a bigger business.  My main job deals with companies that do medicinal and have seen a big boom in the industry in the past 4 years.  I have seen the benefits from medicinal use in cancer patients and other medical issues that can cause pain and it is real. If you are for or against it is an opinion but shouldn't effect your business with a company if they promote it.

my opinion is I will do business elsewhere