Woodnet Forums
Which benchtop router table? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Which benchtop router table? (/showthread.php?tid=7371806)

Pages: 1 2

Which benchtop router table? - pgmrdan - 01-04-2023

Which benchtop router tables do you recommend?

RE: Which benchtop router table? - museumguy - 01-04-2023

A homemade one. You can add or delete any feature that you want to.

RE: Which benchtop router table? - Bill Holt - 01-04-2023

Homemade in the TS wing, works best for me.

RE: Which benchtop router table? - pprobus - 01-05-2023

(01-04-2023, 08:45 AM)pgmrdan Wrote: Which benchtop router tables do you recommend?

I bought the Bosch RA1171 many years ago and would recommend it for a store bought, benchtop RT.

RE: Which benchtop router table? - Bill Wilson - 01-06-2023

(01-05-2023, 07:28 AM)pprobus Wrote: I bought the Bosch RA1171 many years ago and would recommend it for a store bought, benchtop RT.

I have that one.  It has a lot of nice features for the price.  Overall I've been happy with it.  The only complaint I have is I wish the clamping knobs for the fence attached to a track instead of slots in the table top.  I don't think the carriage bolts that come up through the table top get enough purchase to really tighten the knobs down securely.  I always feel like I'm going to pull the heads through the slot.

RE: Which benchtop router table? - Cabinet Monkey - 01-10-2023

Benchdog, if it’s still available.

RE: Which benchtop router table? - pgmrdan - 01-11-2023

A few years back I looked at a Bench Dog benchtop router table.  It looked very good.  I can't find them online now and the stores don't carry them.  I guess they're not made any longer.  Anyone know?

RE: Which benchtop router table? - greenacres2 - 01-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 09:32 AM)pgmrdan Wrote: A few years back I looked at a Bench Dog benchtop router table.  It looked very good.  I can't find them online now and the stores don't carry them.  I guess they're not made any longer.  Anyone know?

Seems like Bench Dog was bought by, merged with, owned by or controlled by Rockler (or vice-versa), but the brand seems to have faded away over several years.  The similar products they had, that i'd seen in person, to me the Bench Dog versions were generally nicer--but that may have been my perception instead of a fact.
earl

RE: Which benchtop router table? - Woodenfish - 01-11-2023

There are a great many plans and videos online for building a bench top router table much more affordable and with higher quality than today’s commercial products. Having a good bench top router table is always a nice shop tool even if you have a full size router table or plans for the future. One nice thing about building one is that you don’t need one to do so.

RE: Which benchtop router table? - kwadams - 01-15-2023

Pgmrdan, tried to send you a PM, but you must not have that turned on. Anyway, I have an unused Bench Dog router table if you’re interested.

Thanks.
Kevin