Woodnet Forums
selling tools? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: selling tools? (/showthread.php?tid=7372362)

selling tools? - joshua5 - 02-25-2023

hey guys, it’s been quite some time since i’ve ventured here. i believe i first joined in 2012? i haven’t used my tools in years and my interests are in other areas now. i’m sure you’ve read stories like mine on here before. i’d like to sell a few things and if the mods want to move this thread it’s obviously okay with me (sorry if posted in wrong section!). i have…
1. hitachi 3 hp router with woodpecker plate on a melamine laminate top 2’x4’ with fence
2. delta 14” bandsaw and
3. 2 hp, 20” craftsman drill press. it’s beefy.

what’s a good asking price??
yes, i looked on line however prices seem very variable.
i appreciate any help anyone is able to provide!!

RE: selling tools? - JDuke - 02-25-2023

(02-25-2023, 06:40 PM)joshua5 Wrote: hey guys, it’s been quite some time since i’ve ventured here. i believe i first joined in 2012?  i haven’t used my tools in years and my interests are in other areas now. i’m sure you’ve read stories like mine on here before. i’d like to sell a few things and if the mods want to move this thread it’s obviously okay with me (sorry if posted in wrong section!).  i have…
1. hitachi 3 hp router with woodpecker plate on a melamine laminate top 2’x4’ with fence
2. delta 14” bandsaw and

You’ll need to post in swap and sell sub forum.

Also need to list your location.

This forum has a great deal less traffic than it did in 2012, so you may have better luck listing someplace locally like Facebook marketplace or Craigslist 

Good luck

RE: selling tools? - EvilTwin - 02-27-2023

I still rely on CL to sell most of the stuff I dont want. Price it fairly and it will usually move in a couple of weeks. Whats fair? If you can google the item and see if it is still currently for sale then probably about 50-75% of new is a good guideline. If not current then something similar and maybe 50%,

Some things have shot up since covid, so older used tools aren't the bargain they once were. Thats good for sellers, assuming they can find a buyer.

If this is your drill press https://www.woodmagazine.com/review/drilling-mortising-tools/drill-presses/craftsman-20-drill-press then it sold new for 800. Still it's Asian made so not as much of a keeper in my book, so I'd go 3-400.

Delta bandsaw? Depends on how old and condition. Full stand, open stand, motor? Maybe 2-400

Hitachi router, was that the M12? With the accessories, maybe 200, depends.

Thats all I got.

RE: selling tools? - iclark - 03-01-2023

(02-25-2023, 06:40 PM)joshua5 Wrote: hey guys, it’s been quite some time since i’ve ventured here. i believe i first joined in 2012?  i haven’t used my tools in years and my interests are in other areas now. i’m sure you’ve read stories like mine on here before. i’d like to sell a few things and if the mods want to move this thread it’s obviously okay with me (sorry if posted in wrong section!).  i have…
2. delta 14” bandsaw and

Posting in this forum is an acceptable place to ask for advice about the value of one's tools. That discussion can be for potentially selling tools or for figuring out how much insurance one needs.

Once you are ready to sell, the actual Want To Sell post goes in the Swap 'n Sell forum area.
Things go best if you can include model numbers. Pictures of the tool(s) seem to help sales.
You need to include your rough location for items that are pick-up only.
Asking price for each item is required.

The process of getting an email when someone posts in your thread or PM's you is not working (has been turned off).

So, once you post something, it is highly desirable to check back once a day until everything is sold.

Best wishes on moving your tools along to their next custodians.