Woodnet Forums
Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw (/showthread.php?tid=7372517)

Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw - goaliedad - 03-11-2023

I gave my father in law’s Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw. The saw is in good shape, needs to be sharpened. The box is in very good shape. I borrowed it 45 years ago when I was remodeling our first house. Haven’t used it since. I no longer have room to store it.
Is there much of a market for it? I googled and didn’t find much information. Any help is appreciated

RE: Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw - DCarr10760 - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 11:24 AM)goaliedad Wrote: I gave my father in law’s Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw. The saw is in good shape, needs to be sharpened. The box is in very good shape.  I borrowed it 45 years ago when I was remodeling our first house. Haven’t used it since.  I no longer have room to store it.
Is there much of a market for it? I googled and didn’t find much information. Any help is appreciated

Others may chime in with better info, but my impression is that they are difficult to sell, mostly because they are large and hard to ship.  There does seem to be a pretty good market for smaller miter boxes made by Millers Falls/Langdon.  Thanks to Chris Swartz's article some years back.

But the larger Stanleys and Craftsman boxes I see locally go for around $75 to $100 and sometimes as little as $25.

YMMV

DC

RE: Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw - goaliedad - 03-11-2023

Thanks for your response. Shipping would be pricey- and I live in a rural area, so finding a local buyer Igor be difficult

RE: Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw - Tony Z - 03-12-2023

I have an accumulation of miter boxes and have been giving a few away to locals because of shipping. I have a Craftsmen box and it is a very fine box. The one I have was made by Millers Falls with parts being interchangeable, depending upon size of the box.

I would sharpen the saw and keep it for the rest of your days or until you find someone worthy to gift it to!

RE: Craftsman 107.36500 miter saw - stav - 03-12-2023

I have two of them, neither was purchased for more than $35 from locals wanting to part with grandpa's or dad's old tools.  They are very solidly made and the size with the saw is a bit awkward for shipping so I would imagine the shipping would kill the deal for most people as already said.  They are great to have if you want to make a quick cut without waking the neighborhood. I use mine more than my powered miter saw because neither has a permanent home and it is easier to get the manual one out.  

The other thing is the back saw that comes with them is quite good. I use it for other non-miter applications as well.