Woodnet Forums
Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw (/showthread.php?tid=7372650)

Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - paulmon - 03-26-2023

Is this also wood working? I just bought a very cheap mini chainsaw (6" bar) on Amazon for $55 (with 2 batteries). I am presently using it for cleaning up some branches but I could see using it for rough cutting beams etc. Anybody else have any experience with these things? 

https://youtu.be/FlWekCzDtFI

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - ronwhit - 03-29-2023

I have the M12 Fuel 6" chain saw from Milwaukee and find it to be a lot more powerful and handy than I would have guessed.  It is light, easy to handle, with a longer run time than I expected.  I have cut logs a bit more in diameter than 6" with no issues.  it was certainly more expensive than the one you show, but worth the $$ to me.  It does go through chain oil quickly, but that's not a deal breaker.  Having other M12 tools makes it a good fit.

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - stav - 03-30-2023

I've never used a cordless one, but I have a corded Remington chainsaw that came attached to a pole for tree trimming that I have had cutting way above what was intended for it. As mentioned, the oiler is the weak spot for this saw.

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - paulmon - 03-30-2023

(03-29-2023, 03:38 PM)ronwhit Wrote: I have the M12 Fuel 6" chain saw from Milwaukee and find it to be a lot more powerful and handy than I would have guessed.  It is light, easy to handle, with a longer run time than I expected.  I have cut logs a bit more in diameter than 6" with no issues.  it was certainly more expensive than the one you show, but worth the $$ to me.  It does go through chain oil quickly, but that's not a deal breaker.  Having other M12 tools makes it a good fit.

I definitely prefer a better tool (and who wouldn't) but in this case I decided to roll the dice on this cheap one and glad I did. Especially since it was just small branches needing to be cut up so they would fit in the rubbish bin. It worked out better than I expected. After I got it and used it I found other YouTube videos with people who were skeptical at first but - for the price - really liked it after using it for a while.

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - Pirate - 03-30-2023

No idea on chain saw. Byt bought a battery operated pruning sheers. $99 Amazon. WOW! cuts 1" thick branches like butter. Scary as any tool in the shop!

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - Dave S® - 03-31-2023

The Worx WG324 20V Power Share 5” Cordless Pruning Saw

Looks to be same machine, but made on a different shift in China.

[attachment=47079]

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - castguy2003 - 04-01-2023

(03-31-2023, 09:18 AM)Dave S® Wrote: The Worx WG324 20V Power Share 5” Cordless Pruning Saw

Since I have the Ryobi 18V system I bought one of their pole saws and a small chainsaw. Both work well and I have a lot of batteries and chargers for the system.

RE: Really CHEAP mini chainsaw - FireWood - 04-03-2023

(03-31-2023, 09:18 AM)Dave S® Wrote: The Worx WG324 20V Power Share 5” Cordless Pruning Saw

I like the way you put that.  
Laugh