Woodnet Forums
Sand stand - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sand stand (/showthread.php?tid=7372737)

Sand stand - tablesawtom - 04-05-2023

Has anyone purchased a Sand Stand by Woodpeckers?  If so what do you think of it after using it for a while? I think Woodpeckers is mostly overpriced and gimmicky but this one has promise and could fill a void in the shop.  

Tom

RE: Sand stand - Handplanesandmore - 04-05-2023

If I need to hold a sander at an angle, I can use a big or two handscrew clamps. I don't see a sander used like that too much to get another fixture.

Even a holder to stand a sander shouldn't be hard to come up with.

Simon

RE: Sand stand - Woodenfish - 04-06-2023

(04-05-2023, 06:25 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Has anyone purchased a Sand Stand by Woodpeckers?  If so what do you think of it after using it for a while?  I think Woodpeckers is mostly overpriced and gimmicky but this one has promise and could fill a void in the shop.  

Tom

Chris at his “A Glmpse Inside” YouTube channel came up with design before the bird. He also sells it on his website.

RE: Sand stand - fall - 04-07-2023

Another tool Woodpeckers ripped off from some one!

RE: Sand stand - Handplanesandmore - 04-07-2023

NO! .....they'd argue the idea had been around for ages and their product is different. Just like the domino table nonsense.

Some Chinese sites sell a lot of wp's ripoffs....I guess ripping off can be infectious.

Simon

RE: Sand stand - Woodenfish - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 01:51 PM)fall Wrote: Another tool Woodpeckers ripped off from some one!

I have to disagree. They both hold sanders but the Woodpeckers design offers more functions if that is important to the user. The wooden one holds more varieties of sanders and it appears that a sander can be installed or removed from it a little quicker.