Woodnet Forums
Composite Nail gun recommendations? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Composite Nail gun recommendations? (/showthread.php?tid=7372873)

Composite Nail gun recommendations? - Juss1 - 04-22-2023

Thinking about a using composite nails for cnc hold down.  Anyone have a composite nailer they can recommend.   As an FYI you have to use a nail gun that specifically uses composite nails.

RE: Composite Nail gun recommendations? - museumguy - 04-23-2023

Let me look tomorrow at work. We have one, not used often.

RE: Composite Nail gun recommendations? - Roly - 04-23-2023

(04-22-2023, 12:17 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Thinking about a using composite nails for cnc hold down.  Anyone have a composite nailer they can recommend.   As an FYI you have to use a nail gun that specifically uses composite nails.

Here is a LINK for what gauge and length of composite nails to use in different woods and thicknesses.   This company recommends their guns but others say a regular gun will work.    The thickness and wood density are major factors.   Roly

RE: Composite Nail gun recommendations? - Eurekan - 04-26-2023

I have no personal experience but Glen-L has recommended composite fasteners for a very long time. I would hope they wouldn't do that if they didn't perform well. The say that when doing the cold molding laminating process you do not have to remove the composite staples and nails and they disappear when sanded down. Glen-L Raptor Fasteners

RE: Composite Nail gun recommendations? - Juss1 - 04-27-2023

Thanks for the replies guys. The more I research the more recommendations I see for rapor brand so that’s the way I’m leaning right now. They’re pretty pricey though so I’m weighing on how much I’m willing to pay for the convenience. Also it seems like they don’t seem to work well (or at all) on thick hardwoods

RE: Composite Nail gun recommendations? - museumguy - 05-14-2023

This is the gun we use at work, https://ancofastenersales.com/product/omer-b17p-763/