Woodnet Forums
Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen (/showthread.php?tid=7373002)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - cpolubin - 07-23-2023

Cian, it's not just the #3s back in stock. I'd seen some articles on the advantage of using a #6 as a jointer rather than a #7, so decided to add a #6 to my bench planes. All my bench planes are Lie-Nielsen (bronze 1, 3 and 4, iron 5 and 7) At the time the #6s were out of stock and since the 6 isn't one of the core tools I figured it would be out for a while. So I searched around and found an extremely clean Stanley type 15 with a Hock blade and chipbreaker. It didn't match my other bench planes (yes, I'm anal retentive that way, but this is a hobby after all) but would fill in nicely. Then last week I was wandering around the Lie-Nielsen site and the #6s are back in stock. Managed to get one so now I put the Stanley up for sale.

So check often. The one you're looking for may become available at any time.

Cliff

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - Tony Z - 07-23-2023

And copper prices still creeping upwards. We have quit quoting parts with significant copper content (above 2%).

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - only 3 injuries - 07-25-2023

Just got a no 48 and the quality completely matches my no 49.

It's great to see them back on the up tick.

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - CStan - 07-27-2023

Live by outsourcing, die by outsourcing.

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - camp10 - 07-29-2023

(07-23-2023, 11:07 AM)Cian Wrote: Well that blows. Had the iron L-N #3 in my cart for a month or so. Checked in today and it appears to have jumped $45 and is just $5 shy of the bronze that isn’t on stock. Heck, may as well wait for the bronze. 
Upset

I wonder if that bronze price will hold, once the #3 is back in stock??  The bronze #4 lists for $75 more than the iron #4.

Me?  I waited  years for the bronze #3.  About 6 months ago I gave up and bought the iron model.  I'm glad I did.  Life is short.

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - paul2004 - 07-29-2023

(07-23-2023, 11:07 AM)Cian Wrote: Well that blows. Had the iron L-N #3 in my cart for a month or so. Checked in today and it appears to have jumped $45 and is just $5 shy of the bronze that isn’t on stock. Heck, may as well wait for the bronze. 
Upset

Cain, if I was you, I'd just go ahead and get the iron one. I am sure that if the bronze one ever gets back in stock, there will be a huge price jump.
Both versions are only going to get more expensive as time goes by.. If you really want it, you ought to get it now.

RE: Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen - Belle City Woodworking - 09-25-2023

They had some Bronze No. 4's at the Handworks event this year but I don't recall seeing a 3.