Woodnet Forums
Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free (/showthread.php?tid=7376702)

Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - jteneyck - 09-04-2024

This has likely been posted before, but in case you didn't see it and didn't know, you can search FWW's past issues for articles w/o needing to create an account.  It came in handy for me yesterday.   

Link

John

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - MstrCarpenter - 09-04-2024

I just tried it; thanks! I looked at a few articles then got a notice that it was the last free one. I went "incognito" and it didn't seem to care how many I looked at.

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - Bill Holt - 09-05-2024

Only yesterday, I put almost 10 yrs of FW mags in the recycle bags.  It was such a sad feeling.

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - joe1086 - 09-05-2024

I have maybe a 150 or so FWW issues stacked up in the basement. Wife wants them gone, and I haven't touched them in years...but I can't seem to pull that trigger.

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - jteneyck - 09-05-2024

(09-05-2024, 09:09 AM)joe1086 Wrote: I have maybe a 150 or so FWW issues stacked up in the basement. Wife wants them gone, and I haven't touched them in years...but I can't seem to pull that trigger.

I have all but the first 20 or 30 issues filed on shelves in my basement.  I refer to them often for help or inspiration.  Having the index available at FWW makes it much easier to find what I'm looking for.   

John

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - 5thumbs - 09-12-2024

Tell your wife, they're an investment. You're just waiting for the market to rise.
Big Grin

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - Martin S. - 10-20-2024

Don't throw them away. Donate them to a local library, veterans organization, or old folks home.

RE: Fine Woodworking Index - Account Free - R Clark - 10-21-2024

Martin -- thanks for popping this to the top of the list again.  Don't know how I missed it.  I've bookmarked it now.

I have hundreds of old issues reaching back a long way, back to the early days, and I've often wished for such an index.  I already paid for many of these issues once, and I didn't want to have to spend money just so I could find something in the stack-o'-mags in the cabinet.