Grizzly shaper, good deal?
I don't even know if I would use it but what do you think?

link

Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
With a stock feeder? I'm guessing it's already gone.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
It's a pretty decent deal especially considering it comes with the small powerfeed. The Delta power feeder is undersized and will be okay but not great on a full size shaper like the G1026. The G1026 shaper alone would sell fairly quickly around here for the $500 asking price. I'm not sure from the pics but I assume the rudimentary OEM fence is on the shaper and he has a sacrificial tall plywood fence face bolted on. The G1026 is well regarded and is kind of the entry level machine for a full size 3HP shaper.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
TDKPE said:

With a stock feeder? I'm guessing it's already gone.

If it was here it would be - I would make sure of it

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I would at least look at it.

it is not a gloat worthy buy but a decent deal if the unit checks out

Be aware that shaper tooling is expensive and that the machine only a starting point for the money drain if you really get into it. I have tooling sets ( yes multiple sets) that cost what that machine cost.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Lumber Yard® said:

It's a pretty decent deal especially considering it comes with the small powerfeed. The Delta power feeder is undersized and will be okay but not great on a full size shaper like the G1026. The G1026 shaper alone would sell fairly quickly around here for the $500 asking price. I'm not sure from the pics but I assume the rudimentary OEM fence is on the shaper and he has a sacrificial tall plywood fence face bolted on. The G1026 is well regarded and is kind of the entry level machine for a full size 3HP shaper.

I'm curious what you think the right size feeder is for a unit like that? I have a 1hp on a similar machine and nearly overpowers the shaper and certainly makes it tippy if it is swung to the back. I've heard others say a 1/4 HP feeder is about right, but I've never used anything else. I guess a lot of it likely depends on how big of a cut you're taking too and what kind of wood you're making the cut on.

JGrout said:

Be aware that shaper tooling is expensive and that the machine only a starting point for the money drain if you really get into it. I have tooling sets ( yes multiple sets) that cost what that machine cost.

Yep. Even cheap tooling adds up quickly.
I'm curious what you think the right size feeder is for a unit like that?

The one you have.

IIRC it is a three wheel unit, correct?

It is not that a smaller drive is bad it is just so limiting.

I have a 1/2 HP unit as well as a 1 HP unit (Both three wheel) and I will not be swapping them out mainly due to the arm restrictions of a smaller unit.

JME

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

I'm curious what you think the right size feeder is for a unit like that?

The one you have.

IIRC it is a three wheel unit, correct?

It is not that a smaller drive is bad it is just so limiting.

I have a 1/2 HP unit as well as a 1 HP unit (Both three wheel) and I will not be swapping them out mainly due to the arm restrictions of a smaller unit.

JME

Joe

Yes it is a 3 wheel unit, a larger version of the Delta in the CL ad.