Outdoor bench--help needed
My daughter wants to build a flattop outdoor bench (kind of rustic) like a park bench with no back for a Christmas present for her boyfriend.  She also wants to put John Deere decals on it.

I am looking for suggestions and plans for building a bench.  She is going to use my shop and asked me to help her.

So I thought I would ask all of you.

If you have suggestions, plans or pictures of what you have built please PM me or post here.

Thank you in advance.

John
Jmoo  Learning as I go
John-

Here's a picture of a bench I built -

These were made to fold, but it would be simpler to just screw them together.  It made of 1 X 12 common lumber with a 2X4 where the legs join the top.  Screwed together with plugs over the screws.

Quick and easy to build.
(11-27-2017, 10:40 PM)Phil S. Wrote: John-

Here's a picture of a bench I built -

These were made to fold, but it would be simpler to just screw them together.  It made of 1 X 12 common lumber with a 2X4 where the legs join the top.  Screwed together with plugs over the screws.

Quick and easy to build.

Thank you
Jmoo  Learning as I go
Here is a Garden/Deck bench I built about 20 years ago when we first bought the house, and it was built from leftover decking boards and the leftover 4 x 4s and 4 x 6s from the deck construction... it's solid, won't turn over because of the weight, masculine, and twenty years later is STILL looking good.  

There were no real plans.  I sketched out the basic layout, cut out the pieces and laid them out the way I thought they should go together and then dressed them up a bit with angle cuts and a couple passes with the router.  You can see that I bolted the lower portion of the bench together with countersunk lag bolts and then put covers over the ends where the bolts went thru, making them fancier with the router.  The seat is simply leftover decking boards attached with deck screws.  IF, the seat gets worn, unscrew the worn boards and replace them.  The base isn't going anywhere. 
Winkgrin

I said the bench has lasted all these years.  This picture was taken last month, the bench has a new duty station these days.  It stands in front of the range house, and serves on the pistol range.... here at the farm.

Still looks good, solid as a rock, and still holding up a brokenolmarine. 
Yes

She could easily add the decals she wanted to the front edge, inlaying them UNDER plexiglass, or setting them under liquid poly to make them last forever.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.