opinions about Rocky tools?
This offer for a Rocky trim router with fixed base and trim router lift looks interesting if the quality is any good.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

I am guessing that Rocky is a house brand for HValley.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(06-05-2024, 06:37 PM)iclark Wrote: This offer for a Rocky trim router with fixed base and trim router lift looks interesting if the quality is any good.

No experience with Rocky but remember it is a trim router with 1/4" collet.    Don't plan on any large bits.  Roly
(06-05-2024, 06:37 PM)iclark Wrote: This offer for a Rocky trim router with fixed base and trim router lift looks interesting if the quality is any good.

I have its Grizzly twin and yes, it appears to be a house brand for HValley.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly...ase/t27139

I'd say the fit & finish aren't as good as Bosch or DeWalt trim routers but it seems accurate and there's no slop or poorly threaded holes or anything like that. The plunge base seems smooth and accurate. I haven't used it much at all, just put a bit in it and made sure everything worked. The only thing that I noticed is that there really isn't much torque at low speeds. I wouldn't use for instance a 1 1/2" bowl bit with a 1/4" shank. Yes there is such a thing, I have one. But then again, it's a trim router. Right now the Griz is $87.95 with free shipping and it's well worth that IMO.