Jet DC Remote
My Jet DC is likely 15 yrs old.  The remote will not turn the DC off.  I tried to open the remote to check/clean the contacts, but stopped just short of breaking the back.  Anyone got a suggestion?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I've had a few of them fail over the years and I was never able to revive one. If you can't get a replacement from Jet (I'll bet you can't, or the remote will cost 1/2 what a new DC would cost) I would try to replace the whole thing with an aftermarket (or shop built) unit. My current setup is a home built set up using a contactor that switches on/off with a cheap light switch ($10 each around Christmas time) remote. I keep a few spares so that when it fails i simply swap it out.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thank you, Fred.

Guess that's what I expected.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood