Antique Bronze Carafe
Hello once again everyone I have just put the final touches on my latest piece. This Oak piece was off center turned from 4 pieces of Oak that were turned to a rough shape then hand carved, the handle is carved from one piece of Oak and then attached to the vessel. The whole piece was then scorched with a torched hand rubbed with bees wax and then colored with Rub-N- Buff. The finished size is 10"x 20"  The piece is available to purchase.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bruce - your carving is brilliant. Did you reinforce the handle somehow ? ( I think those thin carvings in oak would be quite fragile)

What made you choose this baroque design? It’s quite unlike the others you’ve posted here previously.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
(06-25-2024, 10:27 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again everyone I have just put the final touches on my latest piece. This Oak piece was off center turned from 4 pieces of Oak that were turned to a rough shape then hand carved, the handle is carved from one piece of Oak and then attached to the vessel. The whole piece was then scorched with a torched hand rubbed with bees wax and then colored with Rub-N- Buff. The finished size is 10"x 20"  The piece is available to purchase.

Just so nicely done!  I'm curious too about how you attached the handle.

Lonnie