Ridge Carbide Tools question
I have a couple of Ridge Carbide saw blades i bought from Holbren some years ago. One of them is (over) due to be sharpened so i though I'd send it to them. I just found out they were bought out and moved to Kansas. Has anyone dealt with the "new" company....Ridge is my favorite saw blade right now and i would hate to see it go the way so many buyouts do (downhill, big time). I did wind up sending my beloved TS2000 to them to be sharpened; I hope I don't regret it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-27-2024, 10:29 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I have a couple of Ridge Carbide saw blades i bought from Holbren some years ago. One of them is (over) due to be sharpened so i though I'd send it to them. I just found out they were bought out and moved to Kansas. Has anyone dealt with the "new" company....Ridge is my favorite saw blade right now and i would hate to see it go the way so many buyouts do (downhill, big time). I did wind up sending my beloved TS2000 to them to be sharpened; I hope I don't regret it.

Fred you are good to go with the new owner.  When John sold all of the equipment was shipped to Kansas and I have seen no change in anything other than packaging and laser etching the plates vs. printed.  The new owners name is Paul and he's accessible if you ever need to speak to him.
Thanks Brian, I was hoping you would see this. Appreciate it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.