milwaukee 3/8 DRILL DRIVE
my favorite hand-tool!!! 
only two of four lights glow after over-night charge
 happens with BOTH batteries.

doesn't take long to run out of "gas"
bad charger???
bad batteries??
The batteries have a life, and I think yours are near the time of replacement. If you check the web there are all kinds of ideas on rejuvenating them, and you might want to try some of them. But truthfully, it's not that expensive to replace them...for that drill there are a lot of aftermarket brands available and the ones I've bought have been as good as the OEM. Mine are M12, and I replaced those 3.0 AH batteries with the larger packs that are 6.0 AH. There is of course battery re builders as well, they just replace the cells inside. Also, don't overlook the care you give them in use. I have my chargers set up on a 7 day timer that turns them on for 2 hours a week, and I'll put the spare batteries in there for keeping until I need them.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
What is the battery chemistry?  I would bet nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride.  They are not as robust as the lithium ion batteries today.  The older batteries self discharge and have lower charge cycles.  Some will drain to the point of no return.  I would say your issue is the batteries