iPad Pro for Sketchup?
Anyone using the iPad for Sketchup? Is it comparable to the desktop version? Would the iPad Pro make a significant difference?

(08-27-2024, 07:10 PM)David Stone Wrote: Anyone using the iPad for Sketchup?  Is it comparable to the desktop version?  Would the iPad Pro make a significant difference?

I can't imagine drawing without a mouse.  I'm reasonably proficient with SketchUp. On vacation once I forgot my mouse, so I tried using the mouse pad on my notebook instead.  I couldn't do even the simplest of things.  I've never used an IPad, but if it doesn't have a mouse it would be dead in the water for me.  Also, screen size matters.  I used to use a 12" notebook PC.  Life got so much better with the 16" I now have.  A big desktop monitor at 20" or more would be even better.  

John
(08-27-2024, 08:16 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I can't imagine drawing without a mouse.  I'm reasonably proficient with SketchUp. On vacation once I forgot my mouse, so I tried using the mouse pad on my notebook instead.  I couldn't do even the simplest of things.  I've never used an IPad, but if it doesn't have a mouse it would be dead in the water for me.  Also, screen size matters

John

John, have you ever tried a pen tablet? I could never draw with any sort of mouse or trackball. I have better luck with even the cheap drawing tablet than I did with any other pointing device. I'm presuming a PC here and yeah, the main market for large CRT monitors that weighed a ton was CAD and graphics workstations.
(08-29-2024, 04:42 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: John, have you ever tried a pen tablet? I could never draw with any sort of mouse or trackball. I have better luck with even the cheap drawing tablet than I did with any other pointing device. I'm presuming a PC here and yeah, the main market for large CRT monitors that weighed a ton was CAD and graphics workstations.

No, I haven't tried one.  Can you draw a straight line starting at point A, for some specified length and at some specified angle, or place a certain size circle at some exact location?  Copy, paste, rotate, mirror?  I have no clue what the capabilities of a tablet and pen are.  

John