Sad News - RIP Dr. Ray Knight
I only knew Ray through the site as well. Very sad news. My condolences to you and the rest of the family.
2024-2025 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 21276
Group Password IBTP
I too only knew Ray through his posts here, which were always thoughtful, and when he announced he was liquidating his shop due to health reasons. How nice that you were able to share this hobby with him and that he passed on his knowledge to you.

It's obvious that he led an exemplary life in service to others. My sincere condolences to you and family. RIP Ray.

Doug
My condolences to you and your families. I only knew your father through this site and his postings here.  His postings helped me grow.  I have purchased tools from from Ray in the past.  I will miss his contributions to the craft.

Frank S in IA
So sorry for your loss. I met Ray about 10 yrs ago when I bought a HF mortiser from him. RIP Ray.
My condolences to your family on the passing of a great man.

Also, thank you for the link to the obituary.  We only see a small glimpse of the members of this forum.  It was obvious that Ray lived a great and full life.  He passes on a legacy that is strong and enduring.

God bless you all.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I was fortunate enough to meet him in person with my brother. I got to see some of the chairs and things he made.

God bless your family.
My condolences. I met Ray through the woodworking club in Louisville. He was an active member who freely shared his vast knowledge in woodworking. He was always the first guy I would look for when showing up to those meetings and I always valued what he had to say. I do have one of his unfinished projects that I will finish at some point. He showed me the small house down by the river and the work he put into it along with all the beautiful furniture pieces in it. He was quite a crafts man and had a shop to make us all jealous. I will miss him.