Originally saw size for Stanley #60 miter box
Thought I might save myself some research time by asking here. As stated. What was the original saw size for a Stanley #60 miter box? 4" x 24"? , 5 x 26"? Thank you in advance.
BontzSawWorks.net
(09-04-2024, 11:45 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: Thought I might save myself some research time by asking here. As stated. What was the original saw size for a Stanley #60 miter box? 4" x 24"? , 5 x 26"? Thank you in advance.

Ron,

4" x 24" is the correct size for this mitre box.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(09-04-2024, 11:45 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: Thought I might save myself some research time by asking here. As stated. What was the original saw size for a Stanley #60 miter box? 4" x 24"? , 5 x 26"? Thank you in advance.

The correct saw depends on the year:

4" x 20" per 1915 catalog

4" x 24" (1958)

other variations exist.
(09-04-2024, 12:11 PM)enjuneer Wrote: Ron,

4" x 24" is the correct size for this mitre box.

Thanks folks. I thought so, but a few too many irons in the fire to spend on this electronic time killer.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
IIRC....The #60 was set up to accept about any panel saw as well....The #60 I had could be set to use a regular handsaw....usually a 20-24" Panel saw.  

So, IF the Backsaw was "out for sharpening" that day, the Finish Carpenter could still get his work done...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that