Hitachi Miter Saw C10FCD
I have an older Hitachi Miters Saw. Model…C10FCD

I’m trying to remove the blade. I was able to loosen the bolt, but now it just spins and
will not come out. I tried using vice-grips to hold the end of bolt and pull as I was turning.
But no luck. Is there a better method?
Thanks
(07-06-2024, 09:41 AM)digger Wrote: I have an older Hitachi Miters Saw. Model…C10FCD

I’m trying to remove the blade. I was able to loosen the bolt, but now it just spins and
will not come out. I tried using vice-grips to hold the end of bolt and pull as I was turning.
But no luck. Is there a better method?
Thanks
The "bolt" threads into internal thread on the arbor? I suspect it's left hand thread and you attempted to loosen it by turning it counter-clockwise and the threads have now been stripped. On my DeWalt RAS the arbor has external threads and the nut is turned clockwise to loosen. The RAS has the same overall configuration as the common miter saw.
This is a newer saw but the video may help/ There should be some type of shaft lock on your saw.

How to Change the Blade on a Miter Saw (youtube.com)
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I've been using this saw for over 30 years without an issue. The one problem is the spindle lock will not engage. As a temporary fix, I clamped a 2x4 to the fence and held the blade down as I loosened the bolt. That did the job of loosening the bolt,   but now it just keeps spinning. Perhaps it won't work  if the spindle lock is not engaged. I'm waiting for an answer from Hitachi.