Estate Sale, this morning..
Got to the sale about half an hour early...standing outside in the driveway with 40 other people...and I could smell the rust coming from the Garage!

10am sharp, was walking through the garage...looking for stuff I did NOT already have in MY shop...Drawknives? got 2...Braces?  Got 15.....however..
I will make an exception for..
    Maybe a Stanley No. 80 Cabinet Scraper...even though I do have 2 in the shop..

Next, sitting right beside this was..

An 1-1/2" wide Rebate plane

and..

Wood bodied Spokeshave...and

An Ohio No. 0 5 Jack plane...

Spent $16 for all of this Treasure...looks like I will have to open the Rehab Shop, soon..

No markings on the rebate plane, nor the spokeshave...spokeshave has an added Brass wear strip ahead of the cutter...and sits a bit too high...
Under the hood of the Jack..

Under the frog..

And the front knob..

Might take a wee bit of cleaning up?

Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
One can never have enough cabinate scrapers. I also have 4 or 5 rebate planes. But only one wooden spoke shave.  I like tuning up and putting old woodies back in service. You did very well.  It is fun to find old treasures especially when people are just tickled to get rid of their junk.

Tom
1st of the 4 to be rehabbed...
From this...

to..this...

Brass parts have been cleaned up.....a brass wear plate was worked on...not removed, though...there was a LOT of junk under it, and it had bowed up...one of the 2 screws holding the plate in place is broken.  

Cutter has been cleaned of rust, and sharpened back up.

May wait a few days before the next item gets rehabbed....have a Sofa Table to get done....

Stay tuned..
Got a start on rehabbing the Ohio Tool Co. No. 05 yesterday....everything but the insides of the base are cleaned up....not sure I like the 8" radius Camber the iron has..

Yesterday Morning..the Boss & I set out to raid a few Yard Sales (7 of them!)  She got a pair of shoes...

I got...

A Coors Bottle opener, to match the Blatz one I have ..$1
Then a "package deal" for $15 got me two items...

A Skilsaw, No. 536, 6-1/2" circular saw....as getting new blades for the 6" version is getting a bit rough...the other half of the deal..

A Goodell Pratt Co. No. 6008 Brace..8" sweep....( have since shined the brace up...everything works nicely)

And, finally...on the next to last stop..$5 for a pair...

16oz Curved claw hammers..will need to sand the residue from the duct tape off of the handles...maybe shine the heads up? 

That Brace was a best seller for Goodell Pratt...so much so, that when Millers Falls took over in 1931...they continued the line..but with a few "improvements" of their own.

Not too bad of a morning?   Then do Laundry Detail AND a glue up later?   I am a wee bit sore, this morning...for some reason..need to go and buy a 6-1/2" circular saw blade...the old one?

went straight into the trash can....

The #05 jack plane:   what japanning there is left, was black....so..a coat or 3 of semi-gloss black will be going on..once the base has been cleaned up...

Stay tuned..
Updates...the $4 No. 05 Jack Plane...

Has been given a Test Drive in Ash...

The Brace...
Cleaned up..

And is a Goodell Pratt Co.  TOOLSMITHS No. 6008

The Skilsaw?
Model 536..

Has a brand new SKIL saw blade...saw will be taking the place of my 6" Skil Home Shop saw..as it was getting to hard to find a good 6" blade for it.

Once things settle down in the shop a bit more...still have 2 more items to rehab...
Stay tuned..
Thanks for sharing Bandit!
Went to pick up 3 items today, at a Friend's house..

As he is able to do Nickel Plating in his garage...

Look almost brand new, don't they...
They do look very nice. How did he do the brace? Did he put the whole thing in the solution or did he mask off the wood somehow?
He removed the wood handles.the "head had signs of being burnt once he removed it...the wrist handle was split..made things a bit easier to do..not too bad for a 104 year old Brace?