Clock identification?
Hi - not really woodworking but it is in a wooden box!  My cousin in Montana picked this up at an antique store for $10, didn't work but he thought it was just over-wound.  He was correct and managed to clean it up and get it working.  Unfortunately he didn't take any pictures of the movement, and didn't want to take it out of the case again as it was a bit tricky.  It has dual enclosed springs, and what sounds like a buzzer or alarm, dual copper wire wrapped coils or something.

Anyway,  can anyone shed some light on some of the features?

Thanks!

What does this do?

What is the tiny hand for? There is no seconds hand.

And finally there is a switch labeled 1 or 2 days, but the clock has run over 4 days.

Carl

I can't help with the clock, but there's a forum called Watch-U-Seek that has a clocks sub-forum. If you join and post those pics, someone will likely identify that clock for you.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(08-06-2024, 07:28 AM)AHill Wrote: I can't help with the clock, but there's a forum called Watch-U-Seek that has a clocks sub-forum.  If you join and post those pics, someone will likely identify that clock for you.

Thanks Allan.

I did a Google image search (keep forgetting about it) and found it's a clock timer for a O.B.McClintock Vault Burglar Alarm.  Pretty cool!

Carl

(08-06-2024, 11:16 AM)wrx4sabelle Wrote: Thanks Allan.

I did a Google image search (keep forgetting about it) and found it's a clock timer for a O.B.McClintock Vault Burglar Alarm.  Pretty cool!

Your cousin's clock is slightly different.  Perhaps it went into a different model.  In any case, it's very cool.  If you ever find out what those features are for, I'd be interested to know.  At first, I thought the S - F slot at the top was to adjust the clock's timing, but now wonder if it might be for some other purpose.  

John
Looks like a homemade enclosure. No idea on the clock itself
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020