Hardwood options in large master bath
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.  

I should have said white oak, not white pine.  Senior moment.  Apologies.

As for tile, I also should have included a bit of a discussion about that.  First, without significant work to strengthen the joist system, tile in the main portion of the room would be risky.  I have 24"OC engineered joists.  These are not well suited to tile and the tile would be prone to cracking.  There are steps that can be taken to address this and I did them in my guest bath quite successfully, but I am not doing that in this bathroom.  The main reason is that we dont want tile here.  It is a very large area and tile is too hard and cold for this large of a space in our opinion.  By cold I mean lacking the comfort and warmth of wood or carpet or even vinyl.  Not doing carpet or vinyl either, but hopefully you get the idea.  

So, since tile is something we really do not want for the area, then doing the enormously time consuming work of fortifying the sub-flooring is completely unappealing if the outcome is undesirable to begin with.  

I am encouraged that branchacctg has had good experieince with lifeproof flooring.  In fact all of the waterproof hardwood maunfacturers warrent the floors for 15/20 or more years.  So, FWIW, that goes in their column as a symbol at least of their confidence it will tolerate water.  

Also, as with gary g, I have neighbors with kitchens done in H/W with no problems.  Powder rooms are often done this way as well, and that is sort of the same as the vanity in the bedroom that gary g mentions to my mind.  

As for bamboo, not a fan as it does not look like the woods I like to look at.  But that is just my preference.  They sell a lot of it to be sure.

Thank you all for your input.  This is what we used to call an overly constrained problem it would appear.  These homeowners are overly fussy is another way to look at it.
sleepy hollow

Did you consider any of the waterproof luxury vinyl plank options?  Not real wood but some look nice.