Don't ask me what I was doing @ 5:45 this morning in the shop???
Ok, Ok, I'll tell you

I was changing the planer blades on my Dewally lunchbox planer!

I figure it was a quiet job and it wouldn't wake up SWMBO.

But I did wait until she went to work to run a few test cuts.....she now purrs like a kitten........SWEEEET!!!

(the planer I meant....not the wife)

Smile
Dumber than I appear
great times to do quiet work undisturbed.
Ray
Your wife isn't "SWEET"? Anyway, good news about the planer...
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fresh blades are awesome. Did you wax the bed? Please don’t tell my wife I know how to wax things- she will have me dusting and polishing the furniture

When I was setting planer and jointer knives for other people. I used to spray the bed with Top Cote.  It really made the machines perform and made my work look good.
Top Cote is somewhat expensive but the speed of coverage made it a good investment.

..an aside: Once I did in one day four planers and five jointers in three different schools while shop classes were in session.  One learns to concentrate after a while.