A recent dovetail saw, koa handle
Very nice. The hang of the handle looks high. Is that your normal placement or were you trying something new.
Wow! My jaw dropped!

Outstanding...!
Wiktor Kuc
www.wkFineTools.com
Day um

My only critiques are that it isn't in my shop and I don't have the funds to get it there!

Nice work!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Thanks, everyone.

Mike, that is my standard handle for that size. It is higher than you will find on most larger saws, but is not historically atypical for a saw of this size. It does take a little bit of getting used to, but works well once you do.
Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
That's some purdy wood! Nice as usual Isaac.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
It's time to keep this thread alive for another year and to ask Isaac to post some more pics of his beautiful saws.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Funny, I was just thinking about this saw the other day. There is a bit of an update for this saw.

I was in the Hearne (of Hearne Hardwoods) house the other day, and noticed that the stair treads were made from the same wood as this saw handle. I mentioned something about the koa stairs looking just like a saw I had made, and got a bit of a stange look. It turns out that the wood is not koa, but wych elm. Fate smiled upon me, though, as they had a beautiful slab of the wych elm on sale, as well as a few bits of slightly figured koa (verified as real koa this time!) in their scrap bin. I picked up both for future use.
Isaac
Blackburn Tools - simply classic
Blog
Beautiful!
In Japan, there's probably a WoodNet equivalent where they're debating about Western chisels being a lot like Japanese plumbers. - AHill
Boy that koa would be very nice for the saw you will be making for me?????
Great story, Isaac!

Makes me feel better about some of my own failures to correctly identify woods.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop