Great Plane sharpening video
This video, blogged By Don Williams is just excellent. Don’s blog is one of the great ones.

BTW, it is in Japanese, but just watch...

https://youtu.be/xSEjqghOwiQ
Bartee ><>
mysaw.com/blog
Yes, it is very interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Wouldn't it be great if someone fluent in Japanese did a translation, or voice over...
Impressive technique. Answers the "Two minutes and back to work" claims sometimes made around here.
He's spending most of his time repairing the edge. Perhaps you're saying this tongue-in-cheek, but the 2 min claims are for honing at the highest grit to maintain an edge, not starting from the grinder. Also notice he hones the entire bevel. No secondary bevels. That's traditional Japanese technique. I also picked up that the Japanese words for grinder and damage are ... grinder and damage.

Mike Brady said:

Impressive technique. Answers the "Two minutes and back to work" claims sometimes made around here.

Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I did post this video and three others by the same guy several months ago. I received no comments or feedback
Oh well, thanks for posting. I enjoyed all his Kanna set up and sharpening vids.
I love it. He even has the ubiquitous Roy Underhill bandage on his finger.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Interesting shop. I really like his sharpening setup.
Skewdge said:

I did post this video and three others by the same guy several months ago. I received no comments or feedback
Oh well, thanks for posting. I enjoyed all his Kanna set up and sharpening vids.

The story of my woodnet experience.
Get used to it.
Ag
Notice the European bench?
A man of foolish pursuits
Downwindtracker2 said:

Notice the European bench?

Two of them, in fact. And a rack of what looks to be Bessey clamps. Brief glimpse of some green stationary tools in a back room near the beginning of the video. In some of the other videos you get a better look at the stationary tools in the back room: sliding table saw, bandsaw, radial drill press, jointer, planer, and shaper. Dust collection ducting to the floor.