Maple bowl
This bowl is about 12" diameter and right at 4.5" deep.

The rim is of course burned and the bottom mirrors the pattern. I think that adds a little element of surprise when someone turns it over. Still learning this wood burning thing but I really enjoy it. I learned some things while doing this pattern and will definitely do it a little differently the next time.
Steve K

Steve
Your burning is looking real good and I like your designs. Keep up the good work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Steve

I have to say I did not even notice the bowl in the first pic. I even had to focus to see it on the second one but my eye went to the bottom of the bowl.

You really did yourself proud on this burning thing.

I can not wait to try it sometime

Arlin

O and the wood is nice too.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nicely done! What finish did you use?
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
really nice work Steve
Did you mean Cherry bowl?
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
That's really cool....
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
jerickson said:

Nicely done! What finish did you use?

Thanks
The finish is Minwax antique oil finish, which IMO is not much different than wipe on poly. About eight coats probably. The fourth or fifth coat was sanded in with 1500 grit wet paper.
Steve K

Woodshop said:

really nice work Steve
Did you mean Cherry bowl?

Thanks
No, it is maple. That hue is a combination of the antique oil finish and Picassa enhancing the photo.
Steve K

That is one FAST-growing tree you have there. I can see 8 annual rings in a 12-inch diameter.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Wow. Steady hands.